I am so excited to share this idea with you guys. I think youre going to love it. If you are looking to do something memorable on your anniversary or Valentine’s day read along because this activity could be what you are looking for.
Its something I started with my hubbsy just last year, and we regret not doing this since the beginning of our marriage. Although its never too late to start.
So what is this fun activity?
-Its a video of you and your partner talking to your future selves on the same day next year (on your anniversary, or Valentine’s day)
You would be talking about how your year went down and whats going on in your lives at the moment. You might be surprised how many thigs change in only one year, and how bad your gonna want to see this later. Wait, here’s rules!
The rules are you can NOT watch this video again until the next anniversary/v.d. Just before you record another video, you get to watch the video of the previous year. How fun? And trust me I went thought it, its funny, silly, exciting and surprising because u don’t remember all of your answers and things that happened last year. Its a little way of keeping a track of ur life together.
So this is what you do:
On anniversary/ Valentine’s night, after gifts, dates or what ever you did, this is the last thing you do. You two lovebirds put a camera in front of you, and each answer these questions about yourself or about each other. Take your time and have fun with this, send your future self a message, remind yourselves how much you love each other.
Here are the questions you each get to answer:
- How was your day today, what did you do together?
- What is happening in your life right now?
- What do you do to stay close to each other?
- What do you wish you did more this year?
- What was the biggest challenge you faced this year?
- What was your favorite memory together this year?
- What are you planning on achieving this year, your main goals?
- Any regrets this year?
- What are you thankful for?
- Kids talk.
- Advice for your future self.
- Advice for your partner… be nice! (evil smiley)
If you must, you can change or add a question or two 😉 Let me know if you do this with your partner, contact me if you want me to share your video on my page.